*****Live-Streaming REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!! You may register in person at Nizhoni Institute of Midwifery: 4135 54th Place, San Diego, CA at 8:30am on February 1st, 2014.*****
California Association of Midwives will be holding its annual conference all day on Saturday, February 1, 2014, live in San Diego, and from your computer at home. If you cannot attend the conference due to a birth, you can log in for 30 days after the fact to view the content and get CE's.
Conference Line Up Highlights*
CAM Year in Review and intentions for 2014
Implementation of AB1308
Malpractice insurance for licensed midwives
Contracting with Medi-Cal for LMs
Improving Transfers and information about the "Improving hospital transports stakeholder's workgroup"
Emergency Services: Holding in-services for your local EMS
Birth Centers: Updates on policy, how to license your birth center
Medical Interface: Building consulting relationships with OBs and hospital based CNMs
CFAM: Review of work in 2013 and intentions for 2014
Future legislation planned by CAM
Click here for a more detailed information including presenters & prices.
*Conference line up and presenters are subject to change.
The conference is open to all CAM members. Individuals may renew membership or join during the conference registration process. Catered lunch provided by Chipotle.
All registered members will receive coupons to six different vendors. Early bird registrants will be receiving a 15% off coupon from Baby Birth and Beyond!
Participants that wish to watch via an iPad will need to install an app. Link to App
CAM Membership Benefits Include:
- Discount pricing at Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp
- CAM Newsletter
- Legislative and regulatory updates that affect your midwifery practice
- Member exclusive events such as the upcoming CAM conference
- Your practice listed on “Find a Midwife” page of CAM website
- Connect with other birth professionals, including midwives, doulas, healthcare professionals and midwifery supporters
- Your membership helps to protect the interest of midwives and safeguard the rights and choices of birthing families
Make your tax deductible donation to CAM here!